Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous Diwali…
Here some facts:
- In Malaysia, Diwali is celebrated as Hari Diwali in the month of Aswayuja.
- In Thailand, Diwali is celebrated by lighting lamps which are made up of banana leaves. The festival is known as Lam Kriyongh. They don’t burst crackers.
- In Nepal, Diwali is known as Tihar or Swanti
- In Srilanka on Diwali, people make figures of deities from sugar crystals known as Misiri, they decorate their homes, do lighting and burst crackers.
- The foundation of the Golden Temple was laid on Diwali day.
- Diwali festival is celebrated by Sikhs because their teacher Guru Hargobind Ji was released from the captivity of Jahangir, the Mughal Emperor.
- Jain community of India celebrates their New Year’s Day on the next day of Diwali.